The rules for this award are:
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Tell the nominees these rules
Thank you so, SO much to Teddy’s New Bear for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award. I am very flattered this Friday. 🙂
Five facts about me:
- I am knitting a shawl for myself. It feels a little indulgent, since I am supposed to be building up my stock for my Etsy shop, but I really wanted to do it….so I did. I’m using the Luna Moth Shawl pattern and my yarn is royal blue so it should be really pretty when it is complete! For a while I got stuck in a green-hat rut, where I just kept making green hats….Different styles and different shades, but they are all green and they all go on a head. I didn’t even realize it until I had three green hats sitting around my room looking bored because nobody wants to wear cozy green hats this time of year. It’s not easy being green(and warm), you know….
- At 5:00 yesterday morning, I was attacked in my sleep by a beetle. Just one pass wasn’t enough. It happened several times before I woke up. Then it got caught in my braided hair. By this time, my sister had woken up, but had no idea what I was doing. I just looked like a flailing maniac to her. Mr. Beetle died later that morning, and it was not of natural causes.
- My pen-pal and I have been writing letters to each other for over 10 years! Not the most regularly(I’m pretty bad at replying quickly), but it’s still 10 years+. That’s a lot of snail mail.
- I love the mini-series “Pride and Prejudice” with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. My family has watched it together for years. So many years in fact that when I was little and we watched it, I would only watch it for the part where Colin Firth would jump in the lake. I was young enough that I had no appreciation for the amazing dialogue. Sad but true. So the lake scene was my favorite. Weird. 4.5 I can’t juggle. *Heaves a heavy sigh*
- Lastly, I would just like to point out that I don’t think I have ever been called creative. Crafty yes, creative no. Kind of sad if you think about it! I have now though. Even more flattered-ness to my Friday! And I will leave you to wonder if I’m crafty in the “arts and crafts” sense, the “cunning and devious” sense, or both!
That was lot of “I”s, but it was supposed to be 5 facts about me, I guess. And now I have to nominate people. Another fun fact about me: I’m too lazy to nominate that many people. Here are the nominees-
Well, that’s five…. They are all great blogs and I highly recommend checking them out! Nominees- your rules are at the top of this blog post. 😉 Thank you again to my nominator, she has a pretty cool blog that should be explored as well!
Have a terrific weekend, and be creative! If possible, that is. Speaking for myself, it can be kind of difficult…. but I’ll try!
It’s “What Happened?” Week! This is my second installment of informing all of you just what exactly happened in my life this past month- the good, the weird, the bad, the boring…You get the gist of it I hope! Anything pretty much that was out of the ordinary you can find below. 😉
- Easter! I celebrated with my family and some friends from church. It was fun!
- I survived April Fool’s Day, and missed any pranks that someone tried to pull on me….Which reminds of a funny story from the 1st of April in 2014- I’ll have to tell you guys about that some other time
- I got an iPhone! So now I can actually make phone calls….Quite nice.
- The weather in the Midwest is perfect(I hope it is wherever you are too)
- My family got a new car- it’s a nice little Acura with a whole bunch of fancy do-hickies on the inside
- I found an Easter egg….on the 11th. Yes, a full week after my siblings were supposed to have found them all. The Kit-Kat still tasted quite good though! And the egg was still in one piece, even though I ran over it with a lawn mower…oops
- Some friends and I got together to play Capture the Flag and Ghost in the Graveyard. Even though I exercise semi-regularly, I was quite sore the next
day half a week.
- I met a boy that wanted to kiss me within an hour of our acquaintance. His name was Sawyer, and he is two years old. And quite adorably sweet. I gave him a hug.
- My parents had their 27th anniversary. We ate Death by Chocolate in celebration- it’s pretty much the best dessert ever
- My little brother cracked a plate with his head- he didn’t get so much as a headache, but the plate didn’t fare quite as well….I’ll leave the rest to speculation
- I completed a Mohawk hat for my cousin, C4R.
- Our Tuesday night church meetings ended for the summer. Dance will end in a couple weeks as well, which makes me realize all the more how fast summer is approaching!
- Our backyard is covered with the ghosts of dandelions
- Some of my siblings and I went to a concert where our cousin performed, and I gave him his hat. We had a lot of fun together, and went to Applebee’s afterwards
- The same siblings went with some friends and me to the movie theaters the next day, and then went to Taco Bell. I’ve gotta get away from eating out so much!
- My family rented “Five Armies”(the third installment of The Hobbit) and I must say I rather enjoyed it! After losing interest in the other two part way through, I watched the entirety of this one and liked it. Bilbo Baggins’ personality and one-liners were probably the points of interest for me. 🙂
- Last Tuesday I did some multitasking- weeding the family garden and working on my tan (invisible though it may be) at the same time. If there my skin isn’t a darker shade, at least I can say I got my vitamin D for the day!
- After my knitter’s block post last week, I almost immediately began a green textured slouch hat(I guess I just had to write it out?). But now I have all the *great* suggestions from some very nice people of what I should knit next, that I can go back to when my project is done. 🙂 Thanks again to all of you for your ideas!
That may be all of what happened in my April! Or at least, out of the ordinary…..What about yours? Anything new and exciting? 🙂 I hope your April was wonderful, and the month of May is just as good. Have a great week, and thank you very much for stopping by!
This week, I finally went international! Would you like to take a guess at how I accomplished this feat???
I have never actually traveled internationally, so that is not it. Come to think of it, I’ve never even ridden in an airplane…. *Mark that on the to-do list*
No one from Belgium is coming to visit me….and that wouldn’t make me the country-hopper anyway.
If you have any more creative guesses feel free to comment them below, but I’m going to tell you anyway- something I have knitted is going to Belgium! Last Monday I received a custom order through Etsy for a Mohawk hat in brown and beige. The order wasn’t exactly ‘with love’ because I don’t know this person, but I couldn’t resist the title….And the hat shall be sent with love! After it’s knitted and felted with love. 🙂 So, that is my excitement for this week.
If you would like to see the original, look here. You’ll have to use your imagination for the brown and beige part though, because I don’t have any pictures yet. Perhaps I shall when my work is done! The body of the hat is going to be dark brown, and the exciting Mohawk part will be beige. My dear customer didn’t request a letter, like the original has, but it’s his order so I’m happy to accommodate!
And now, I have a simple tongue-twister for you- “Brown and beige to Belgium”…..Say that five times fast. 🙂
Thank you very much for reading and have a wonderful week! I’m off to go a-knitting….