Hello! How would you like to hear how crazy my June was? And it’s not even over quite yet…. I knew June was going to be busy, I guess I just didn’t understand the full extent of it! This is my fourth “What Happened? Week”, for anyone who’s counting, and here we go.
Actually before we jump into June, I’m pretty sure I have a little left of May to share! At the very end of May, the day after I posted on my blog of course, I had an interesting weekend. My family and I went to a birthday party for my aunt, and the day before my dad went shopping for her before he came and picked me up from work. Due to that fact, I got to stand around and talk to the security guy of the building for a good 15 minutes. We covered a wide range of topics- I am not even kidding. Before I get too long-winded here, all you need to know is that we discussed how I work part-time. Ten minutes later, I talked with a lady(who the security guy had talked to) who expressed an interest in hiring me on the days I don’t already work! Now that makes it worthwhile to stand around and wait for a ride home! The only thing that has happened with that this month is I talked to the lady again and she said they are definitely looking for someone. Maybe I’ll have something exciting to share in July…. 🙂
Anyway, back to June.
- My sisters and I had our dance recital! It was great. The week before it we had two nights of recital-run-through where we met at the studio, without costume and just performed our dances. Both nights went pretty well! I also got myself a fan club by hanging out with the 5-6 year old class. Apparently I’m pretty popular with that age group! They are just the sweetest things….Back to the recital, we had the dress rehearsal Friday night and it went quite well too! I drove home that night thinking “This is not right….Nothing ever goes perfectly all three nights before the recital….” You can call that my Miss Clavel moment. Sure enough, Saturday morning comes, day of the recital, and one of the advanced dancers who is in a lot of dances AND has a solo, is sick with the flu. Our dance teacher went into full-on stressed-out mode, and she’s normally emotional enough at these things….After a half hour of feeling sick myself about what was going to happen, a decision was made- our dance teacher was the only one who knew all her dances, and she fit in the costumes….so our dance teacher did them! After that got resolved, the whole thing came off pretty well! And we had QT Frozen Hot Chocolate afterwards to celebrate. 🙂
- That same weekend, on Sunday, my sister’s graduation party was held in the afternoon. It was a rather hot day, but at least it wasn’t raining. Rain would’ve been fine too, other than that we had at least 20 cars parked in our yard…. That evening we crashed on the sofa. After all that had been happening for the past couple weeks, we were all worn out! So we sat around and ate chip dips and cupcakes(of which there were plenty) and watched tv.
- The strawberries slowed down a lot! We enjoyed them while they lasted….Now our zucchini are starting to come in.
- The Luna Moth Shawl is finished! And I really like it. I began the next project last night- I’m trying to knit a baby dress. We’ll see how that turns out- my experience with knitted clothing has been limited, and hasn’t turned out the best. But I’m determined to succeed! Maybe someday a sweater will make its way on my needles….
- The week after our crazy weekend was pretty mild….but then things started to pick up again. And I honestly don’t remember most of what happened, up until last week. I hope I’m not forgetting anything too terribly exciting! I’ll probably remember it right after I hit “publish”. 😉
- This past weekend we had a choice of about 8 social events we could go to, and we went to a lot less than that.
- Last Friday I had a spur-of-the-moment outing, which I rarely ever do- I went to a play with friends. It was “My Fair Lady”. I really enjoyed what I saw of it, but I didn’t get to see that much of it. It was an outside stage, and the seats were outside too….and it started raining. So everyone put up their umbrellas and got cold. My little group almost had a full-blown shelter due to our abundance of umbrellas! However, I still managed to get wet. After only having seen about an hour of the performance, and having sat there for at least that long, our group decided to leave. One of us had to get up and be at work at 7:00 the following morning, and some of the others were hungry….So we went to Steak ‘n Shake, had a jolly time, and observed all the interesting people that come out after 11:00 p.m.
- Last Saturday, my family and I went to a graduation party and an ice cream social. Both were quite fun! After a week of rain, it was sunny and hot- exactly what I would want for an ice cream social. I don’t like to eat ice cream when it’s not hot, because then I just get cold….
- Sunday was Father’s Day(I hope you all remembered!) and we just had a stay-around-the-house day. It was quite nice.
- A couple days ago we attacked our garden with hoes. We didn’t actually have to get that aggressive because the ground was still wet from all the rain we have gotten. And now our garden looks beautiful and mostly weed-free!
- Yesterday I held a 5-year-old in my lap while she slept…..It was sooooooo nice. I love children. It was wonderful. The only sort-of downside was that I couldn’t do very much work other than answer the phone, and a few other things. Yes, I was at work, but the little girl happens to be the daughter of my boss, so….I wasn’t too, too concerned about it.
- My little brother found a Spicebush Swallowtail caterpillar. I’ve done Monarchs and Eastern Black Swallowtails before, but not Spicebush, so I’m kind of excited. It is in a chrysalis now, after consuming many Sassafras leaves. It’s name is Mr. Spicy Pants. I like the name Sir Spicebush better, but I didn’t find him, so I don’t get to name him apparently. I must concede though that it is a fine name- I like to picture a caterpillar wearing pants with a little Jalepeño print on them. 🙂
- In a couple days, my friends and I are planning to do something. We don’t know for sure what yet, but we have considered 1.Hiking 2.A game night or 3.Biking at night I’m kind of hoping for one of the first two since my bike isn’t in working condition. I so wish it was…..I love bike-riding. Originally, we were just considering hiking, but that’s been up in the air since….
- The river started flooding. The Mississippi River has had a lot of water flowing through recently. So much so that it couldn’t contain it all. We aren’t stranded or anything. It has caused some interesting detours on our trip to work, but that’s about it….so far.
- I got to play volleyball again. This time I got a bruise AND I hit the ball so hard backwards that it flew into somebody’s fenced-in yard. One of our players was a good sport(more so than playing with me, haha), hopped the fence and found the ball. But in throwing it back over, he managed to get it stuck in the electrical lines. We have exceptional skills, I would just like to point that out. 😉 We got it back out without doing harm to the ball, the lines, or the players, and we all played happily ever after.
- I’m trying to get back into my exercise routine- I stopped before the dance recital because I was afraid that something would happen the week before, like I’d pull something, break something, you know, and render me incapable of performing. It could happen! But I haven’t done such a great job jumping right back in, but I’m working on it.
- I remembered! Do you recall that thing I said waaaaay back at the beginning of my post? The week I forgot? Well, I remembered- we went to a ball. It was a Summer Ball where we do English Country dancing. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it’s the type of dancing that they do in Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, etc. Regency Era style. 🙂 That was a lot of fun.
I think that’s about it! Like I said, it was just June. I’m ready for a little less excitement in July, but that may or may not happen. Bring it on! I survived June, I can survive July. 🙂 It really wasn’t too bad, I’m just used to being a home-body, and I’m fairly introverted, so partying can be really draining. Anyway, it’s been fun! Did you do anything exciting in June? I’d love to hear about it. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the rest of this lovely June!