Thank you, thank you, thank you to Hannah for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I don’t feel like my blog has been particularly “sun-shiny” recently….It seems more like it has been hiding behind a tree or something! All the same, it was very sweet of you to nominate me. And coincidentally, if you all go to Hannah’s blog, you will see that she was nominated by yet another Hannah, so I almost have a secret challenge- to find another Hannah somewhere and nominate her blog! We’ll see how that goes…. 🙂 Here are the rules-
- Thank whoever nominated you(Hannah!)
- Answer the questions set for you
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and set eleven questions for them
Now to the questions-
1. Do you generally prefer the book or the movie? And why?
I think I normally prefer the book to a movie- there is just so much a movie normally misses! But, books take longer….so I’m not going to say movies are always a bad thing either. 😉
2. What is one thing you like best about yourself?
Can I just skip this one? I don’t like to pick favorite qualities about myself- it makes me feel weird.
3. Are there any kinds of foods you will not eat under any circumstances?
I really, REALLY try to avoid mushrooms and fish, but end up eating them sometimes anyway. Unless I was starving to death, I think that there are a few things I wouldn’t eat under any circumstances like squid, liver, etc.
4. Are you a cat person, dog person, neither, or maybe some other (for example, fish or snake) kind of person?
It’s interesting that you should ask this question, because I happen to be cat-sitting this week! My family has a couple dogs(I like dogs a lot), but we can’t have a cat because half my family is allergic to them(I am not). So, I’ve been enjoying my week with these cats and thought maybe when I have my own place, I’d get one that doesn’t shed, because the cat hair EVERYWHERE really gets me down. Then I had to clean out the litter box. I’m now having second thoughts about owning a cat in the future, unless it is trained to go outside. In summary, I would not say I’m any particular type of animal person.
5.When you watch movies in the theatres, do you get popcorn?
My family does sometimes, but I don’t normally eat it. First of all, I’m not a *huge* fan of popcorn(yes, I am an American, even if I don’t like popcorn!). Secondly, it makes you sooooo thirsty! I think that’s a tactic of the movie-people to get you to buy over-priced water/soda, but don’t tell them I said that.
6. If you could be instantly fluent in another language, which language would it be?
There are a lot of languages that I would love to just instantly be fluent in, but I think Spanish would probably be the most useful.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why/why not? Or friends at first sight, maybe?
I don’t know, I think I only believe in it to a certain extent because so much of a person(personality, goals, beliefs, etc.) can’t be seen at “first sight”.
8. Are you more of an introvert or extrovert? Or introverted extrovert or extroverted introvert?
Good question! I am trying to become an extroverted introvert, but it’s a slow process…..
9. Do you like smoothies?
10.How about milkshakes?
Yes!!! Especially any type of chocolate milkshake.
11. If you could meet a younger version of yourself, what would you tell them?
I would try to convince my younger self that it’s not so scary to be a little more outgoing, and to actually talk to people. They aren’t really that scary, in fact most of them are quite nice! 😀 But, I probably wouldn’t succeed in convincing myself- I was painfully introverted.
Now that you made it through all those questions, here are my nominees-
Hannah Haha! Yes! I found another Hannah. =D And….
Anna! I just feel all over it today- I found a Hannah AND an Anna.
Phew! Almost half way done….
Those are all great blogs(very sun-shiny too) so check them out if you have the time!
And to all the bloggers mentioned above, here are your questions!
- What is your perfect day, weather-wise? Sun-shiny? Stormy? A little bit of both?
- If you are feeling down, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- Do you ever go through dry spells with blogging? Please tell me that I’m not the only one….
- What was the last book you read?
- Are you the type of person to strike up a conversation with a stranger?
- If a stranger strikes up a conversation with you, what is your first thought? Is it “Hey, a new friend! I’m so happy right now!” Or “Why me???” Or none of the above?
- Did you go on vacation over the summer? If so, where did you go? If not, we have something in common. 😉
- Are you a big city person? Or a rural country person? Or a small town person?
- Blue or red?
- Are you a tall person, a short person, or somewhere in between?
- Why are there 11 questions? Why couldn’t it be 10? 10 is such a nice number. What is your favorite number?
So….there. Now I have a solar-powered blog post. I hope you are having a great week, and thanks for stopping by!