5. Kleenex won’t go out of business. Isn’t that a relief? Although half the time I use alternative things like paper towels, TP, etc. But don’t tell them that….
4. You can threaten people invading your personal space by merely saying,”Don’t make me breathe on you!” (Even if you aren’t contagious, this one normally works….unless they can’t understand you because you’re incredibly hoarse or starting every word with a ‘B’ because your nose is stuffed up)
3. I *thought* having a cold might exempt me, or at least lessen the necessity for me to answer the phone at my job. I was mistaken. And in addition to that, the phone was the busiest it’s been in a long time. Sigh….Murphy’s Law for sure.
2. Colds normally make you cold. Or at least not-warm. What do you do to fix that? Wear warm clothes. Guess who has lots of warm, knitted accessories….. Me! I won’t complain about an opportunity to wear my knitting. Even if I can’t see it because my eyes are watering so much.
1. I appreciate being healthy so much more after I get over being sick. Maybe I’m just an ungrateful person, but I have a hard time thinking that I’m only one that does that. Anyway, getting back to normal feels so good after being sick.
Bonus points: You can’t smell. You might think this isn’t a benefit, and any other time I would agree. But my lack of that specific sense saved me from something everyone else in the office yesterday got the “privilege” of smelling. 😉 I’ll spare the details.
If it wasn’t obvious, I’m getting over a cold. Thankfully, typing isn’t affected by a stuffy nose.