Well….As you know, Thursday is my “normal” post day, and Friday is my award day. sort of. officially, now that it’s been decided by a very indecisive individual(me). I’ve decided to start “Flattered Fridays”, when I’m so flattered to have an award to post. 🙂 If you have any better suggestions, feel free to share them! I’m also thinking that maybe the last week of the month will be “What Happened?” Week (kind of like my March Madness post). I’ll just let you know what happened in my life for the past month. Unless it was really boring, and then I’ll probably skip it. 😉
If you don’t have a calendar in front of you, or for some reason forgot that it’s FRIDAY, let me remind you- it’s Friday. Hence, award day. This is partly because I missed my regular post yesterday due to a visit with a good friend, and partly because I thought “huh, award day is a good idea- it’s gives me a routine kind of thing”. So be aware that I am starting a ritual.
This time I was nominated by Renee, who has a very neat blog herself and seems to be a big fan of Boba, whatever that is. 🙂 It’s the Real Neat Blog award- how neat is that! So here we go….
The rules are:
- Put the Award Logo on your blog
- Answer seven questions by the person who nominated you
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog
- Nominate any number of blogs for the award, linking to their blog
- Let them know that you nominated them for the award
Renee’s questions for me:
1. Favorite animal?
Do butterflies count? Butterflies are my favorite! 🙂
2. Favorite place to travel and why?
Well, my experience with travel has been limited, but Chicago is a fun place to go. I like to go there because it’s so different from how and where I live- I come from a very rural area, and it’s a super-duper huge city!
3. What kind of person do you aspire to be one day?
This is hard. But I would say, I want to be a blessing to others. That’s the kind of person I want to be.
4. Best book you’ve ever read and why?
I have a tough time picking favorites, but the first one that comes to mind is ‘Pride and Prejudice’. I probably have some other favorite books, but that one is such a classic and so good. 🙂 It’s so fun to get lost in the language….Yes, that is a direct quote from “You’ve Got Mail”!
5. Best movie you’ve watched?
Hmm….Pride and Prejudice? 😉 The BBC version, but that’s really a mini-series….I told you I wasn’t so good at picking favorites!
6. Why did you want to start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to promote my Etsy shop- To Knit or Knot
7. Favorite song of all time?
I don’t have a favorite song….But here’s a good one to listen to! Favorite Song by Tobymac.
For the Real Neat Blog Award, I nominate:
There are many more really neat blogs out there, these are just a few I thought of….
And my questions for these Real Neat bloggers are:
1. What is the most interesting thing that happened to you this week?
2. Did you become who said you wanted to be when you said “When I grow up…”?
3. What is the weather like today?
4. Red or blue?
5. Are you dealing with Spring Fever?
6. What is the nicest thing a stranger has said/done to you?
7. Would you prefer a compliment or a hug?
And I apologize for not posting a something about knitting like I said I was going to- getting together with my friend came first. I know you’re terribly disappointed, but I hope you understand. Thanks again to Renee, and everybody have a Real Neat weekend! 🙂